Water Heater Repair, Replacement & Installation Colorado Springs
You expect to return to your Colorado Springs home after a long day of work or school and experience the modern comforts you’ve become accustomed to. The presence of warm water to wash your clothing, sanitize your dishes, clean your hands, and provide a hot shower or bath is a given for today’s home and business owners. Unfortunately, without a properly functioning water heater, each of these activities becomes impossible.
Hardcastle Home Services can help you ensure you never again have to deal with an ice-cold shower, grimy dishes, or dingy clothing. Our trained technicians can repair your existing water heater, recommend a quality replacement, or even install a new water heater in your new construction project. Best of all, we’ll arrive on time to perform your water heater services as efficiently as possible, with the quality care you’ve come to expect from our expert team.
Signs Your Water Heater Is Failing
While we are well-equipped to handle water heater emergencies in the Pikes Peak Region, you water heater will often exhibit a series of warning signs before it ultimately fails.. Addressing potential water heater issues early can help you remedy the problem before extensive repairs become necessary. If you notice warning signs, it is essential to contact Hardcastle Home Services to address the issue before it becomes an emergency – and you’re left with ice-cold water.
Common signs your water heater is failing include:
- Slow or reduced hot water supply
- Rusty water appearance
- Foul-smelling water
- Leaking, dripping, or pooling
- Banging, groaning, squealing, or rumbling noises
Should You Repair or Replace Your Water Heater?
While Hardcastle Home Services’s expert team of water heater technicians can repair nearly any water heater issue, there are times when it may be a better idea to replace your unit. For example, while a new water heater is a substantial investment, constant repair issues can result in increasingly higher repair bills. By contrast, simply replacing your current, malfunctioning unit with an energy-efficient, well-performing model can be much more cost-efficient than continuing to repair the old one.
When you’re choosing between repair and replacement, consider the following:
- Age of your current unit. Most modern water heaters were designed to function efficiently for about ten years. If your unit is approaching ten years old or has surpassed this mark, replacement may be your more cost-efficient option.
- Frequency of repair issues. Constant water heater repairs for different issues can add up over time. If the cost of repairing your water heater exceeds half the cost of replacement, purchasing a new unit will likely save you money in the long run.
- Energy bill costs. Older, less efficient water heaters can cause excessive energy costs – especially associated with a water heater failure. Purchasing a new unit can help to alleviate the high energy bills associated with your older unit.
If you would like additional insight regarding your water heater issues, or to schedule a water heater repair, replacement, or installation appointment, call (719) 686-6742.