Air Duct Service & Repair in Colorado Springs
Air ducts are conduits that facilitate heating, ventilation, and air conditioning airflow throughout a building. They are made up of supply air, return air, and exhaust air passages. Unless you are using a ductless system, air ducts are the method by which forced air systems ensure acceptable indoor air quality, such as through an air filtration system, as well as thermal comfort through heating and cooling systems.
Most of us don’t even think twice about the air ducts in our home or business. They are out of sight and therefore out of mind. Additionally, most of us aren’t sure when or how to clean these essential airflow conduits. Hardcastle Heating and Air can help you determine if your air ducts need servicing.
Common Signs Your Air Ducts Should Be Cleaned and Serviced
- The air filter hasn’t been changed in months. You should never let your air filter go more than two months without changing. The air filter is responsible for trapping dust, debris, and an extensive list of airborne particulates and contaminants. Once the air filter is full, these particulates and contaminants can collect in your ductwork or even in your heating and cooling units themselves, reducing efficiency and the overall life of your system.
- Registers and vent covers are visibly dusty. No matter how often you clean and dust your home, dust will build up. If this happens to your air registers and vents, then that is an indicator that you have an excessive dust problem, and it is clearly becoming part of the building’s airflow, meaning it is rapidly replacing the dust faster than you are cleaning it.
- You see visible mold in your HVAC system. Mold can be dangerous to allow to survive in your home for long. It can cause significant health problems in people sensitive to mold spores. For this reason, you should have your HVAC system cleaned, including the air ducts that are spreading the mold.
- Airflow is inconsistent from room to room. If you notice that not all of the rooms in your home are heating or cooling at the same rate, you may have dirty ducts impeding airflow. To ensure constant room comfort, have your air ducts assessed and cleaned if necessary.
- There are noises in the ductwork. You know what your HVAC system typically sounds like, so if you start hearing strange noises coming from the vents and registers, you might have a blockage or an overaccumulation of dust and debris, or even a possible rodent infestation.
Air Duct Installation
If you are in need of a new or replacement air duct system, Hardcastle and Air has you covered. Our technicians will professionally install everything you need for an effective and cost-conscious air duct system.
Air Duct Repair
If your air duct system is becoming troublesome, the professionals at Hardcastle Heating and Air will diagnose the problem and come up with a solution that matches your budget. Air duct system repair can add years of life to your old system. We will quickly get your air duct system up and running in no time at all, ensuring your heating and cooling systems are operating at maximum efficiency.
Air Duct Replacement
As with all things, air duct systems won’t last forever. If your air duct system is 10-15 years old or older, then it might be time for a replacement. If a repair isn’t possible, Hardcastle and Air will work with your budget to replace your existing air duct system or replace one we installed under warranty.
Choose Hardcastle Heating and Air for Your AC Service Needs
Hardcastle Heating and Air is a top-rated company at Home Advisor with an excellent customer service rating. Additionally, we have an A rating on Angie’s List, without a single rating of less than A since 2015. We also enjoy a Better Business Bureau (BBB) A+ rating, as well as a 100% 5-star customer review rating at the Southern Colorado Better Business Bureau and are an accredited business who was nominated for the BBB Excellence in Customer Satisfaction Award. We are proud to have won The Best of Teller County 2018, 2019 & 2020 and The Woodland Park Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year award in 2017.
To learn more about air duct services and which one is right for you, call us at (719) 686-6742.